Genetic cardiac testing is unique to Dr. Jamshid Maddahi’s practice in Los Angeles. This technology is so new we are currently the only cardiology practice that can offer this highly beneficial service. Genetic testing in Los Angeles offers patients two main benefits — preventative cardiac care and cardiac monitoring for current patients.
How Does It Work
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. There are many types of heart conditions, some more common than others. Some heart conditions are caused by lifestyle choices, such as smoking, while others are caused by genetics. If you have a family history of heart disease, you have a higher risk of heart conditions. Fortunately, cardiac genetic testing allows us to determine if you carry the genetic markers linked to a high risk of developing heart disease.
Genetic cardiac testing looks for changes, or mutations, in your genes associated with heart disease. These mutations can be passed down from your parents. If you have a mutation associated with heart disease, it does not necessarily mean that you will develop the condition. However, it does mean that you are at an increased risk. Based on the genetic testing in Los Angeles results, your doctor may recommend lifestyle changes or medication to help reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
Candidates for Genetic Testing:
- Have a family history of heart conditions, such as cardiomyopathy, arrhythmia, aortic aneurysm, heart defects, coronary artery disease, and unexplained pulmonary hypertension
- Have a personal or family history of implantable cardioverter defibrillators
- Have a personal or family history of pacemaker implants
- Have a personal or family history of a heart transplant under 60
- Have a personal or family history of a coronary artery bypass or stent surgery under 60
Creating a Successful Healthy Future
Dr. Jamshid Maddahi is spearheading the world of cardiac health by offering cardiac genetic testing at his Los Angeles practice. This is just one of the ways Dr. Maddahi works to prevent heart disease and restore healthy hearts. He has successfully treated thousands of heart patients. Call our Los Angeles office at 310-824-4991 or click here to schedule your genetic testing. Your loved ones will be happy that you did.